You can now export excess solar energy generated from your rooftop solar photovoltaic (PV) system to the grid and benefit financially. Consumers of BESCOM can benefit from Net-Metering for rooftop solar PV systems as announced by the state of Karnataka (click here).
Net-metering comes with a huge advantage for facilities with large rooftop space such as IT companies, educational institutions, commercial complexes, factories, hospitals, etc. Rooftop solar PV systems can be set up to meet their own energy needs and excess power generated during the day/weekends/holidays can be sold back to the grid. At the end of the month, if solar energy exported is greater than the energy consumed from the grid, BESCOM will pay for the net energy exported as per the set tariff.
General information on Net-Metering In Karnataka
Applicants eligible for net metering
- Commercial establishments
- Industrial establishments
- Educational institutions
- residential buildings
- Hospitals and others
Tariff for net-export of energy
- INR 9.56 per unit for projects without subsidy
- INR 7.20 per unit for projects with subsidy
- If net exported energy is more than the imported energy, payment will be made for net exported after self-consumption as per tariff agreed
- Payment will be made within 30 days for electricity dues if any and credited to the bank account through NEFT
We will facilitate the entire application process for Net-Metering with BESCOM on behalf of our customers.