U-Solar is looking out for an experienced Solar Design Engineer with experience in Ground Mount Systems.
U-Solar is one of the leading solar EPCs and solar developers in India, with over 170 MW+ of installed capacity and 250+ projects executed. U-Solar Clean Energy Solutions provides end-to-end solar energy solutions for industrial, commercial, institutional, and residential consumers, helping them to easily transition to clean energy and achieve their Net-Zero targets. We provide a wide range of Solar Solutions including Rooftop Solar, Ground Solar, Building Integrated photovoltaics (BIPV), Battery-Based Based Storage Systems, Carport systems, etc.
To prepare detailed engineering documents for solar power plants, such as layout, SLD, AC sizing, SCADA architecture, BoM and plant performance verification.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead the project engineering during the detailed engineering phase for ground/roof mounted solar systems by doing the following tasks:
- Perform detailed system design and optimize generation data
- Prepare layouts, BoM and SLDs for submission to customer
- Coordinate with project manager and other stakeholders
- Prepare and review technical specifications for complete AC electrical system, including transformers, switchgear panels, cables, UPS, chargers and substation equipment
- Prepare SLDs, protection and metering diagrams, design basis report and electrical calculations for various voltage levels (LV to EHV)
- Prepare substation equipment layouts, cable tray and trench layouts, earthing layouts, illumination and lightning protection layouts, busduct layouts and switchyard layouts
- Size equipment such as transformers, battery and battery chargers, UPS, CT and PT
- Develop complete substation systems and overhead transmission line system
- Review relay setting coordination for complete AC system and switchyard for the solar plant
- Estimate bill of materials for various electrical systems
- Review vendor drawings for various electrical equipment, such as transformers, switchgear panels, switchyard equipment, cables and busducts
- Coordinate with contractors, client, interdepartmental and vendors for interfacing, expediting and resolving technical issues
- Initiate, coordinate and prioritize the technical review process and provide technical approval for the projects
- Review and approve detailed designs, drawings and procedures related to all transmission and substation components, such as step up transformers, switchyard and grid interfacing policies
- Prepare RfPs for major components such as transformers, switchgear panels, UPS, battery and battery chargers and SCADA
- Ensure correct plant performance estimation and optimum BoM
- Design and execute fault level and relay coordination
- Prepare as-built drawings and provide plant performance for handing over the project to operation and maintenance
- Obtain necessary inputs from internal and external customers for designing optimum electrical system and attend customer meetings as and when necessary.
- Transfer information smoothly to projects/SCM/QA and O&M and other customers
- Bachelor’s /Master’s in Electrical Engineering
- 4 to 6 years of total work experience in design and engineering of solar power plants
- Expertise in AutoCAD and Google SketchUp, MS office package
- Bird’s eye view on entire electrical system evacuation including civil and structural elements of solar system.
- Excellent communication skills.