Job description for Commercial Manager- Contracts
About the Company
U-Solar is a solar developer in India, Head Quartered in Bangalore, that provides complete solar power solution for Industrial, Commercial, Institutional and Residential clients.
Solar power is clean, cheap and reliable which makes it attractive for not only economic reasons but also for its environmental benefits by reducing your dependence on grid power (sourced from coal and natural gas) or generators (sourced from diesel). The company provides end to end solutions from design and engineering, project management as well as post sales services for solar projects. With 10 years of experience, we have installed solar power plants through pay and own (Capex) and pay as you go (Opex) models for our clients across India. Our teams are excited about the mission of the company and execute projects in all solar based technologies. By growing with the solar industry steadily the company had had the advantage of picking up challenging projects along the way. Our pride lies in working with companies or individuals that are eager to take the future in their hands and work towards creating a sustainable world.
We are looking for an experienced person who can lead the Commercial Operations of U-Solar. The candidate needs to work out of our office in Bangalore. He or she must have the ability to examine and put together contracts. In addition, put in place systems for procurement including negotiating favorable terms.
- Work Orders issued to the company to be whetted and corrected
- Draw up Purchase Orders contracts
- Draw up Power Purchase agreements once the broad terms are agreed to with the customer
- Must negotiate favorable terms for the company in all contracts drawn up
- Ensure no breach in contracts and follow up with any party that is in breach of the contract
- Setup a good documentation systems – both digital and physical
- Ability to examine documents carefully with an eye for detail
- Good English Language skills – reading and writing.
- At least 5 years’ experience in contracting
- Work in Supply chain management or in the Solar Industry will be a plus.
- Experience in dealing with legal language documents and law degree is a plus.
- Contract negotiation and financial knowledge is a plus, potential for growth to CFO.